Description and aim of the public call
One of the basic tasks of the Desk Creative Europe Serbia is promoting priorities of the Creative Europe programme – creative industry development, among others. In this sense the Desk with its activities aims to encourage development of creativity of domestic originators, to show diversity of creative practices in Serbia, but also to participate in the international affirmation and promotion of Serbian cultural creators.
Due to this reason, the Desk Creative Europe Serbia is opening a public call for visual design and realization of promo materials – pieces of clothing and/or accessories.
The result of the public call should be the choice of the most successful solution of promo materials of the Desk which will be produced, displayed in an exhibition and used in the following year for the purposes of the Desk as promotional materials.
Conditions of the public call
Applicants should design a visual solution for one or more pieces of clothing (hats, shawls, gloves, scarves, t-shirts, shirts, dresses etc.) amounting to 40,000 Dinars, and the condition is to use the Desk Creative Europe Serbia’s logotype (pint, embroidery, patchwork and other techniques). No logo concept of the logotype is appropriate for designing authentic and different material patterns (through combination of logotype elements different visual solutions can be achieved):
“The identity of the Desk Creative Europe Serbia is conceived as a visualization of connectedness, energy, linguistic and diacritic symbols and cultural diversity which as a whole make a dynamic and atmospheric image of possibilities the Desk Creative Europe Serbia can offer as an organization. Lively and organic they give off a sense of a process, potential to make an idea reality, multimedial nature, art, design and communication, allowing their modular combining to build different shapes, therefore symbolizing new creation, inventiveness and authenticity.”
Within the given budget it is possible to propose making of several different objects, but also making of several visual solutions of the same object.
Five of the most successful solutions will receive monetary assets necessary for their realization and their authors will be promoted in presentations of the Desk Creative Europe Serbia (exhibition, FB, web site, publications and other).
Public call criteria
The public call can be answered by legal entities (fashion and design studios, civil associations, faculties, etc.).
Criteria for selecting visual solutions are:
1) Relatedness and appropriateness of the visual solution with the concept and the look of the visual identity of the Desk Creative Europe Serbia;
2) Innovativeness of the visual solution in comparison with the standard look of promotional materials – promo t-shirts, caps etc;
3) Quality of the proposed production (materials, sewing complexity);
4) Economical nature of the solution (relation quality-quantity of pieces of clothing).
Submitting an application
Propositions – visual solutions should be submitted by 30th September 2015 to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the indication “For the public call of the Desk Creative Europe for visual design and realization of promotional materials – pieces of clothing and/or accessories”.
1) A letter of application for the public call (free form) which must contain an explanation of the concept and an indication about the type of materials and dimensions (up to 1 page/500 words) and the number of pieces of clothing/accessories which could be realized within the given monetary assets, but also an indication about other relevant information;
2) Visual display of pieces of clothing (a draft, drawing, visual solutions realized in design software and other);
3) “ID“ of the applicant – a document containing the basic info about the institution/organization submitting the application;
4) Biography/biographies of the author (if it is a co-authorship of two or more authors it is necessary to submit a biography of each author).
Elements of the Desk’s logotype in the printing resolution can be downloaded through this link.
After all applications have been received, the commission will select the best five proposals whose production will be financed with the total amount of 200,000.00 RSD, i.e. 40,000.00 per chosen proposal.
Based on one proposal realization, that is production assumes making one or a larger number of proposed pieces of clothing/accessories depending on the type of the piece of clothing/accessory and other relevant proposals.
Results of the public call will be announced on the web presentation of the Desk Creative Europe Serbia. The produced pieces of clothing/accessories will be displayed at a special event of the Desk Creative Europe Serbia – the exhibition in November, and the Desk will use them in the following year for promotional purposes, that is as gifts for important associates from abroad.