This year’s call of the Competition for Literary Translation is open in two categories and it lasts until 23rd May 2018.
The competition offers an opportunity for publishers and publishing houses to translate literary works from one officially recognised European language to another. The aim of the competition is supporting cultural and linguistic diversity in Europe, promoting transnational circulation of high-quality literature, and also improving accessibility of literary works so new audiences are more easily reached.
Eligible expenses include translation, production and promotion of European fiction, novels, short stories, children’s fiction, comic books/graphic novels, poetry and drama. Support is especially offered to translations of books written by authors who won the European Union Prize for Literature.
If you are interested in applying and would like to know more:
– carefully read the call for proposals and the application guidelines;
– read about technical steps in applying in order to submit your application successfully;
– also find out which project received support during previous years;
– subscribe to our newsletter;
– Culture Desk Serbia offers free advice and support to publishers and publishing houses from Serbia. If you intend to apply, we can schedule a one-on-one meeting, or consult over the phone and Skype.
Detailed information on competition procedure and the required documents can be found on the website of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) managing the Creative Europe programme.