Project leader: Muzej za umjetnost i obrt, Croatia
Muzej za arhitekturo in oblikovanje, Slovenia
Nova IskraKreativniHab, Serbia
Werkraum Bregenzerwald, Austria
Maximum Grant Awarded: 197,649.12 €
Made in is a research, design and heritage initiative that encourages collaboration and knowledge exchange between traditional craftsmen and contemporary designers. The aim of the project is to, on one hand revitalize crafts tradition and on the other hand to educate designers about material and immaterial heritage, thus creating new, authentic and more sustainable value of contemporary design. The project encompasses a variety of activities like traveling exhibitions, craft design residencies and workshops, professional development workshops for craft heritage and design curators and designers, seminars/conferences and innovative audience development activities. Through different interactive audience development activities the project will advocate accessible and inclusive design and present European craft heritage to wider public.
The project is also proposing a creation of new European web platform Made in. The intention of this platform is both to stimulate collaboration between craftsmen and designers and thus encourage new business models of craft heritage revitalization through contemporary design, but also to stimulate innovative approach to design services, scenarios and products based on craft tradition.
Exchange of knowledge between craftsmen’s and designers through innovative business models and expansion of audience for craft and design.
– To promote European craft heritage to a broad range of audiences
– To educate contemporary designers about different European craft traditions
– To foster development of new design services, scenarios and products based on crafts tradition
– To support revitalization of crafts tradition through creation of new sustainable business models for connecting crafts mens and designers
– To develop new and innovative audience-development activities
– To establish new European network of craft-design professionals