UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management of the University of Arts in Belgrade in cooperation with the Kolarac Foundation, OEBS Mission to Serbia and Creative Europe Desk Serbia is organising the third staged discussion entitled “Creative Cities: European Perspective”.
The topic of the third staged discussion are experiences of leading organisations from Serbia dealing with public spaces and creativity on the European level: Belgrade International Architecture Week (BINA), Nova Iskra and Novo kulturno naselje.
Their international experiences in working on projects dealing with creative cities will be presented and they are supported through the main EU programme for culture, Creative Europe, and the discussion is intended for cultural professionals wanting to deal with developing similar initiatives. The BINA project is dealing with creating the “shared” within public city spaces in Europe; Nova Iskra is working on developing cuisine as the new branch of local creative economies, and Novo kulturno naselje is working on internationalization of cities through cooperation with artists. Promotion and creation of a new European identity is the shared topic of all projects, and there will also be discussion with regards to the questions below:
– In what way do European cultural organisations really help people live in their cities?
– Which approaches are supported by the European Union?
– Which are specific experiences and learned lessions from Serbia?
– How is shared space defined in Europe? How is this space created?
– What is the relationship between the economic, social and cultural development of cities and communities living in them?
– What are problems and successful strategies and practices in working with local communities?
Participants of the discussion
Jelena Ivanović Vojvodić, Belgrade International Architecture Week, Belgrade
Relja Bobić, Nova Iskra, Belgrade
Marko Jozić, Novo kulturno naselje, Novi Sad
Moderator: Nina Mihaljinac, lecturer at the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Management in Culture
Don’t miss the opportunity to meet and speak with the leading experts and practitioners dealing with public spaces, creativity and managing international projects!
See you at Kolarac!