This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The Serbian Literary Society is a representative literary and cultural association with 280 most eminent contemporary Serbian writers, among whom are more than 50 freelancers.
The Serbian Literary Society was established in the beginning of 2001 (March 3).
Its program activities include publishing, literary events (discussions, book promotions, meetings, public readings …), international cooperation.
The basic activity of the Serbian Literary Society is the care of the social position of its members: social security, copyright, the change of the public treatment of their work and, finally, the influence on State institutions to procure instruments for protecting the book and literature.
The program activities of the Serbian Literary Society include:
- Debate programs and promotions;
- Literary Magazine, the monthly of the Serbian Literary Society which first appeared in July 2001;
- The literary award Biljana Jovanovic, established in 1995, as the homage to the late, prominent, and provocative female writer, human rights and anti-war activist;
- International literary colonies: Cortanovci, Andrevlje, Sombor, Loznica, Senta (Kirka), Novo Dusanovo (Krupara).
- Public lecture in the Serbian Cultural Center in Paris;
- Cooperation with the literary associations of the Balkans, especially in ex-you region.